When I think of fine
teas, my thoughts starts and ends with Infinitea. My first visit was way back
in 2006 when my friends and I decided to meet. I fell completely in love with
the thought process and detailed attention of the place. Over the years I have
progressively grown into loving it.
This is a third tea
tasting I have attended there, the first one was conducted
by Susmita Das Gupta who is quite known as a tea lover and
the other two conducted by Gaurav Saria himself. He is completely responsible
for setting a benchmark for Tea Rooms in India. So, being a part of a Tea
Tasting event conducted by him was an honor by itself.
The best thing about
such tea tasting events is that you get to taste multiple teas at a reasonable
price and it’s also paired with food. I was in for a pleasant surprise in the
past when I was introduced to a smoky flavored tea, teas which has rice
flavored and matcha green tea. These are teas that would have probably missed
my attention if I were to individually buy them.
Each time I attend such
sessions, I am always left to wonder: How much more is there to tea? After all
it is a beverage we all grew up with, we should have already known all that is
there. But tea could be a different world altogether. However, we can have more
of that later. Let’s check the Amazing Winter Teas we had.
1. White Tea –
Paired with Carrot Cheese Cake
2. Kashmiri Kahwa,
Green Tea – Paired with Lemon Lamingtons
3. Cinnamon,
Flavored, Black Tea – Paired with Apple Pie Bars
4. Assam Gold,
Second Flush, Assam Tea – Paired with Belgian Chocolate Pots de Crème
5. Masala Tea –
Paired with Rough Puff Pastry.
Bonus: Matcha Green Tea
Each tea has a long
story. The summary though is that each cup is fresh and brewed right, and it smells and looks perfect. When you
take a bite of the food paired, you would know that the ingredients used spells
quality, it melts in your mouth. The food pairing worked really well.
There is so much
goodness in your cup of tea if you get it right. You can never get bored of it
since you would be spoil for choices with its variety. Get to know your tea. Such events help in discovering your ideal cup.
Let’s connect over a cup
of tea soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment